Thread milling cutters mainly use thread turning tools to turn threads or use taps and dies to manually tap and buckle. Compared with traditional thread processing methods, thread milling has great advantages in processing accuracy and processing efficiency, and it is not restricted by thread structure and thread rotation during processing. For example, a thread milling cutter can process a variety of different rotation directions. Internal and external threads. For the thread that does not allow transitional buckle or undercut structure, it is difficult to machine using traditional turning methods or taps and dies, but it is very easy to achieve using CNC milling. In addition, the durability of thread milling cutters is more than ten times or even dozens of times that of taps, and in the process of CNC milling threads, it is easy to adjust the size of the thread diameter, which is difficult to achieve with taps and dies. Due to the many advantages of thread milling, the current milling process has been widely used in mass thread production in developed countries.
Thread milling cutter classification:
1. Integral type: suitable for small and medium diameter thread milling of steel, cast iron and non-ferrous metal materials, smooth cutting and high durability. Thread cutters with different coatings are used to process different materials.
2. Welding type: DIY type thread milling cutter used to process deep holes or special workpieces and weld the head of the thread milling cutter to another tool. The cutter has poor strength and flexibility, and its safety factor depends on the workpiece material and the technology of the thread milling cutter maker.
3. Replaceable blade type: It is composed of a milling cutter bar and blades. Its characteristics are that the blades are easy to manufacture and low in price. Some threaded blades can be cut on both sides, but the impact resistance is slightly worse than that of integral thread milling cutters. Therefore, this tool is often recommended for machining aluminum alloy materials.
Advantages of thread milling cutter:
1. The processing efficiency of thread milling cutter is much higher than that of wire tapping.
2. Blind hole thread milling cutters can be milled to the bottom, but not wire tapping.
3. The finish is good, and the teeth milled by the thread milling cutter are more beautiful than the wire tap.
4. A thread milling cutter can process internal and external threads of different rotation directions, but wire tapping is not acceptable.
5. Thread milling cutter is not full-tooth contact cutting, and the load and cutting force of the machine tool are smaller than that of wire taps.
6. When processing large threaded holes, the efficiency of wire tapping is low, and the thread milling cutter can be instantaneously realized.
7. An optional thread milling cutter bar can replace metric, American, and English blades, which is economical.
8. When processing high-hardness threads, the thread taps are severely worn and even unable to be processed. The thread milling cutter can be easily realized.
9. The thread milling cutter cuts into powdery short chips, and there is no possibility of entanglement. The wire tap is processed into spiral iron chips, which is easy to entangle the tool.
10. Easy to install and clamp. Flexible tapping tool holder is required for tapping. ER, HSK, hydraulic, thermal expansion and other tool holders for thread milling cutters can be used.
11. For some materials, thread milling cutters can drill, mill teeth and chamfer at one time, but wire taps cannot.
12. For threaded holes with the same pitch and different sizes, several taps need to be replaced, and thread milling cutters can be used universally.
13. The cost is lower. Although a single thread milling cutter is more expensive than a wire tap, the cost of a single threaded hole is higher than that of a wire tap.
14. The precision is higher, the thread milling cutter realizes the precision with the tool compensation, and the customer can choose the thread precision he needs at will.
15. Long life, the life of thread milling cutter is more than ten times or even dozens of times that of wire tap, reducing the time of tool change and machine adjustment.
16. Don't be afraid of breaking. After the wire tap is broken, the workpiece may be scrapped. Even if the thread milling cutter is manually broken, it is easy to take out, and the workpiece will not be scrapped.
Contact Person: Mrs. Alice Zhong